- There are several Fast Boats leaving Bali daily, direct to the Gilis. Fast Boats take approximately 1.5 hours. Visit a tour agent for further information on prices and departure times.
- Fly from Bali (Denpasar Airport) to Lombok (Mataram Airport), from there you can take a taxi for approx. 200,000Rp to the departure port of Bangsal Harbour. You can then take a public boat to Gili Air for 12,000Rp. Public boats run fairly frequently between 8am and 4pm.
- Take a taxi or organise a driver from anywhere in Lombok to one of the two ports, Teluk Nara or Bangsal
- You can either take a public boat leaving from Bangsal harbour 12,000Rp per person, daily operated from about 8am until 4pm. There is no regular schedule and the boats leave every time they are full.
- The other option is to take a private speed boat leaving from Teluk Nara approx. 350,000Rp up to 6 people.
- There is a “Island Hopper” boat traveling between the three islands twice daily
- Leaving Gili Air at 8am and 3pm, going to Gili Meno (20min, 30,000IDR) and then to Gili Trawangan (40min, 45,000IDR)
- Leaving Gili Trawangan at 9am and 4pm to Gili Meno and Gili Air
- Take the speed boat between the islands, boats leave almost hourly and cost 100,000Rp
- Our dorm rooms have between 6 to 7 beds per room. We have a total of 36 beds, and all the rooms are very spacious. If you want a bit more privacy you can also stay in one of the two double bed rooms. All rooms have shared bathrooms.
- We don’t have a specific dorm for females, if you are a group of girls travelling we’ll try our best to arrange this for you. Please email us in advance.
- Like in many other hostels in Asia we provide bed sheets and towels. We kindly ask you not to use your personal sleeping bag.
- We do not provide a kitchen area as there is plenty of cheap places to eat.
- We currently only accept cash and you are expected to pay in the local currency of Indonesian Rupiah IDR.
- There are 3 ATMs on Gili Air, all of which are located close to our hostel. However, it is recommended to bring enough cash from the mainland or Gili Trawangan as the ATM occasionally runs out of money.
- Each bed is already made up with fitted bed sheets. Upon check in you will receive a towel and sheet, which you have to return when you check out.
- You can book in advance for a bed at http://www.hostelworld.com/hosteldetails.php/Gili-Air-Hostel/Gili-Air/91082.
- A deposit will be taken for your booking. The deposit is non-refundable.
- You can easily extend your 30 day visa-on-arrival at the immigration office in Mataram City. You can either do this yourself in a day trip (350,000Rp) or you can use an agent that will do this for you. (Approx 700,000Rp)
- There is a clinic located right next to our hostel where small injuries and illness can be treated. Otherwise there is a hand full of good hospitals in Mataram.
- The Gili Islands are not ranked as high-risk level of Malaria. More common is the case of Dengue, which is another tropical disease, transferred via mosquito bites. In case of emergency these infections can be treated in the local clinic or hospital. You might want to ask your doctor for advice before you begin your travels.
- Drugs are illegal and drug abuse can lead to life imprisonment or death penalty.
- Gili Air is a popular spot for divers, both experienced and beginners. The diving offered from here allows you to access all the dive sites around all the three Gili Islands. For more information please check out the websites of the following dive centres we recommend:
3W Dive – www.dive-gili-air.com
7Seas – www.7seas-international.com
Blue Marine Dive – www.bluemarinedive.com
Dream Divers – www.dreamdivers.com
Gili Air Divers – www.giliairdivers.com
Manta Dive – www.manta-dive-giliair.com
Ocean’s 5 – www.oceans5dive.com